Crusted oysters for four persons
Preparation time: 90 minutes
24 fresh oysters
1 tablespoon oil
1 dl Champagne
1 dl whipped cream
300 grams grated cheese
- Open the shells and take the oysters out. Collect and sift the moisture and separate the deeper half of the shells.
- Cut the leek in small rectangles, wash them and let them drain.
- Rinse the deeper halfs of the shells and pat them dry.
- Sauté the leek in the oil and add the whipped cream, the collected oyster-moisture, the Champagne and some grated cheese.
- Boil this down to a third and season to taste.
- Fill the deeper half of the shells with a bed of the leek substance and put an oyster on top.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top of this and place under a grill till the cheese is melted and slightly crusted.
Serve with Champagne.
As my mother (may she rest in peace) used to say: “You couldn’t teach a goy how to appreciate this.”